Palma Home Design

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Capiz Shell look alike!!

I saw a piece in a furniture store that had a capiz shell door fronts! I love the whole beachy look! My sister-in-law had these 2 nightstands that she hated, I talked her out of throwing them out explained the look that I thought we could replicate and we had fun doing it!
First we dry brushed on a butter cream color then a gold paint over the top


The next step was time consuming punching out hundreds of circles


Then of course we had to paint the ugly pieces!

 
Next we started from the center and worked our way out by overlapping and gluing all the circles down




 Voila these old ugly night stands got a new beachy life!!



1 comment:

  1. Aha! What a treasured rubbish. Honestly the name of you blog actually snatched my attention to look into what treasures you seeded here and amazed seeing so useful resources you manipulated in your wonderland. That's fabulously awesome. I wanted to find out windows and doors newmarket, a replacement and an installation service. But completely happy with your sweet voice and great deeds.

    ReplyDelete