Palma Home Design

Sunday, November 17, 2013

What to do with THIS box?? (Dining chairs redone too)

 
So I had inherited this huge box (AKA as a friend who stayed with us and left a bunch of crap that I didn't want!) It is very heavy I think it was actually the base of an entertainment center at one point in it's life. I painted the inside black and still wasn't
quite sure what the world I was going to do with it! Whenever I need some inspiration I go window shopping and I FOUND 2 storage ottomans that I thought were pretty cute so this is what was birthed out of that trip!


So here are the ottomans I found in store pretty cute but I think they were in the $400ea range :(


 I actually wanted to use fabric on the outside rather than painting the wood so of course I went through my favorite stencil company Cutting Edge Stencils and painted it onto the fabric, I did have to sew the fabric together to upholster it onto the box, and I also dry brushed over the top of the stencil giving it a linen look it also hid some of the blemishes where I kinda messed up on the stencil.
I also cut out a piece of wood and upholstered it with burlap and added the nail-heads and created a square tuft pattern.(sorry I didnt get the step-by-step for that on camera) Then I added a nail-head trim on the 2 larger side of the ottoman, and since  it is SO heavy I also added caster wheels to the bottom.







 AND I loved the stencil on fabric so much I even added it to the fabric for these dining chairs which I painted and reupholstered as well!





1 comment: